The first cutting of the year is always a trim. Parts of the lawn are high enough to be cut, others haven’t began their spring growth spurt. Either way, out came the lawn tractor today.
The tractor had a flat tire. No big deal, or so I thought. When I tried to put air in the tire, it would not inflate. Looking at the inside of the tire I discovered the bead came unseated.
Try as I may, I could not get the bead to seat. After a prayer I recalled seeing a video where a man took a belt, wrapped it around the circumference of the tire, and that forced the bead towards the rim.
I grabbed the scissor jack to learn it doesn’t work. Seeing a bottle jack, I grabbed it, and it got the offending wheel off the ground. Attempting to push the tire towards the rim wasn’t working, and because of that, I went searching for a tie-down strap to use as a belt.
Cinching the belt tight I could see how it was moving the bead closer to the rim. I attempted to add air, but it still wasn’t working, consequently, I had to tighten the belt. It was getting so difficult to tighten the belt I began to wonder if it would work.
Finally, the bead slid in to the rim and it held air. I added air to the other three tires, and I was ready to mow. (It only took about 3 hours to fix the stupid tire.)
Adding insult to injury, I cut a slot in the milk door. I measured, but somehow I was off. The slot is slightly tipped to one side.
Further insult to injury came when I could not find the leftover deviled eggs. Elizabethe and I looked everywhere. I found this disconcerting because either 1) I put them somewhere and can’t remember where I put them, 2) Elizabethe put them somewhere and she can’t remember where she put them, or 3) someone took them without asking. Regardless of which one of the three it is, it is disconcerting.
Elizabethe modified some of the doll wardrobe to fit the not-so-slender dolls. Tomorrow I’ll have to see how the modifications worked.