There are good jokes and there are bad jokes. April 1st seems to bring out the really bad jokes. I can categorize bad jokes as follows:
- Jokes that cause physical harm (or have the potential to do so)
- Jokes that cause emotional pain
- Jokes that are vulgar
- Jokes that are in bad taste
I appreciate all those who posted on social media requesting people don’t joke around about being pregnant (#2) above. I didn’t see any of those this year. And, my social media clean up has blocked many of those who constantly post jokes in #1 and #3 categories. That leaves #4.
Here are some really bad taste jokes I saw today…
- Hillary Clinton arrested – there are many of us who wish this were true, but it is bad taste joking about it.
- First Presidency Declares Donald Trump the Anti-Christ – this one again is in bad taste as joking about spiritual matters is crass. Plus, the story went on to denegrade President Monson.
That bring us to some funny, good ones…
- Conference to be broadcast in 3D – strangely funny
- Google invents plastic cardboard – hmmm… what is coroplast then? You’d have to go to Google and read the article. Silly and slightly corny.
I wish I could say the rest of the day was an April Fool’s joke. Without going in to details, it was quite the day. I guess the good thing is my photo shoot this afternoon went well. Other than that, I’ll be glad when this day is over.