That’s right, we’re getting ready to move. My plan is to include beckwithmansion.com with the house when we sell it (providing the new owners pay for the domain transfer.)
Having this disease has made it necessary for us to downsize and move closer to family. We’ve already put money down on a lot in Utah that is close to several of my daughters and some of Elizabethe’s sisters. We hate to leave Palmyra and this beautiful home, but it is the right thing to do.
Accomplishments Before Getting Sick
To show an attitude of gratitude I want to list some of the things we’ve done since moving to Palmyra…
- Operated a successful tourist home – in the process, we met some wonderful people. Some of them celebrities, and others just downright nice folks.
- Owned a commercial property with very little vacancy periods.
- Served a 5 year mission for Church Publishing Services – during this time (and even now) I’ve had many photos published in church magazines and websites. Just this last General Conference issue had one of my photographs.
- Ran a successful photography business – photographed lots of people, several weddings and had a great time.
- Documented NY Route 31 in photos
- Did a Route 66 end-to-end road trip that took 30 days. (This was just a few months before getting ill.)
- Three trips to Israel!!!
- Survived getting hit by a car as a pedestrian.
- Served the entire time in the Palmyra Temple as an Ordinance Worker.
- Served 8 years as the Palmyra Ward Organist.
- Visited by many family members and friends and took them around Western New York.
- Several day trips to NYC (by bus) where I photographed models and did street photography.
- Made more friends than I ever imagined.
- Saw my best friend of 30 years and his wife join the church, go through the temple, and then he passed away.
- Met hundreds of missionaries.
- Photographed several general authorities, including several apostles.
- Met John Bytheway and spent an afternoon talking to him and his family.
- Worked security every year at Hill Cumorah.
- Was VP, then president of Finger Lakes Professional Photographers.
- President of the local Chamber of Commerce – Canal Connection Chamber of Commerce – worked on the re-branding of the Chamber.
- Hosted a really fun Walton Family Reunion – so, none of my extended family attended. It was just 3 of my daughters and their children, but we had a BLAST.
- Had pictures published in Waterfalls of New York Calendar (2017).
- Attended PPSNYS Workshop at Hobart and William Smith Colleges for the last 6 years. (Last year I was already sick, but managed to sit through the classes. Decided that would be the last year given it’s too much to handle with MG.)