Better But Weak
I’m better but weak. By that I mean I’m over the flu, but I am so weak. This virus really ravished my body.
We went to church today and made it through the entire 3 hour block. I’m exhausted from it, but feel good that we went to church.
We’re also feeding the sister missionaries tonight, however, it’s all crock pot stuff with a few simple additions.
Now that I’m feeling better, it is time to work on my current projects. This winter I will prepare my print competition paintings. I’ve started working on a few.
- Don’t Stand So Close to Me – Based on the song by the police. It is a scene of a school teacher being pressed against the wall by a student. On the chalk board is written, “Reading Assignment – Nabokov, Lolita.
- The Farmer’s Daughter – an old farm couple on the porch with their young daughter talking to a young man standing on the front lawn.
- I Shoot RAW – a parody on the old question, do you shoot RAW or JPEG?
- She Does Her Best Work After 5pm – an office scene with a guy being seduced by his secretary.
- Are You Coming to Bed? – A young husband wrapped up in a video game while his wife stands in the doorway.
There are some others, but I need to create at least 4 for this year. Anything beyond 4 will be saved for next year’s IPC.
More and more I’m enjoying digital painting as much, or perhaps more, than photography. It seems everyone thinks if they own a digital camera they can be a professional photographer. However, painting is something most people won’t take the time to learn and develop the talent.